It's the most wonderful time ... for a beer!
The mission of the Jingle Bell 5k Beer Run is to be active, have fun and give back to our local community. All proceeds go towards the Hawai'i Island Community Health Center, a community-based, non-profit organization that provides affordable health care services to all residents of Hawai'i Island, regardless of their income. Services are provided to anyone in need, including rates on a sliding fee scale based on income - no person is denied service because of their inability to pay.
So not only do you get to enjoy some healthy activity and great beer - you are helping us support a local organization that does important work in our community.
• This is a fun run! All levels of walkers, runners and joggers are welcome. Strollers are welcome on the course, with care and caution.
• Start time is 10:00am, with finish times recorded until 11:00am. Packet pickup for pre-registered racers is 8:00am-5:00pm on Friday, December 1st at Island Hopper Taproom, and 8:00am-10:00am on the morning of the race.
• This is an open course, meaning roads will NOT be closed. You are responsible for obeying all traffic laws and regulations.
• Dogs will not be allowed on the course, though they are welcome at the post-race Holiday Market.
• Prizes will be awarded for the top male and female finishers in the following age groups: 0-9, 10-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
• Special prizes will also be awarded to the top three finishers in the Beer Division (more info below)
• You must bring a valid ID or driver's license. You do not need to be 21 to enjoy the event, but you must be 21 to enjoy the beer. Please drink responsibly. We always encourage carpooling and safe, designated drivers.
• There will not be a bag check; please plan accordingly and dress appropriately for the weather.
• Wear your most festive attire and get your jingle on!
Cross the finish line and celebrate! All participants receive:
• 1 free post-race brew on tap from Island Hopper Taproom (runners 21+ with valid ID). Additional beer will be available for purchase after the race, with a portion of sales donated to Hawai'i Island Community Health Center.
• Jingle bells and Jingle Bell Beer Run water bottle.
• Entrance to our Prize Drawing, which among various prizes includes a Grand prize of a 1-night stay for 2 at the Mauna Lani Auberge.
• Access to the post-race Holiday Market with music, food, local vendors, keiki bounce houses and face painting, and selfies with Santa.
Do you have what it takes to compete in the chugtastic Beer Division?
The Beer Division race is equal parts athletic endeavor and gastric challenge. Participants over 21 years of age will receive 1 beer at the start of the race, and 1 beer at the halfway point. Chug, sip, sample, taste, pound – however you want to do it – just drink that beer and get back on the course because the clock still runs as you drink! The top 3 finishers will be awarded a commemorative Jingle Bell Beer Run Mug, which entitles the owner to $5 draft beers any time they bring their mug to Island Hopper Taproom.
Questions, concerns, or interested in volunteering at this event?
Please drop us a line here!